My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://foxnewsradio.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008


When you go to the home page of Cpl Frank Woodruff Buckles, this is the message that greets the viewers...

Thank-you for your interest in my story as America's last World War One Survivor. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and am humbled to be the representative of nearly 5 million Americans who served with me. I receive many requests for autographs and interviews and at 107 I do my best to respond as quickly as I can.


Well, just happened that Cpl Buckles was being honored on Capitol Hill today and I took the opportunity to ask a few questions of this great American Hero.

It was a tremendous honor and privilege, and after the interview, I thanked him for his service - service that began in 1917 at age 16.

I won't give away all the juicy details here because we're saving this one for a Fourth of July special... but Buckles told me of fond memories on the Fourth of July "listening to his grandfather talking about hearing stories of his own grandfather... who had fought in the American Revolution."