My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://foxnewsradio.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Give a Book a Home


A word about the importance of books...

Today I had the task of what to do with hundreds of books from my previous life as Tony Snow's Radio Show producer. Here at FOX News Radio Washington, we are expanding our operation and growing by the day. And so space needs to be made for future operations.

But what is one to do with hundreds of books? I figured eventually I will donate what isn't being used to a military hospital or charity; but I also wanted to see if anyone still reads books in this electronic age where virtually anything can be viewed or read on the Internets.

I put out a simple email that asked my fellow co-workers to "Give a Book a Home." After all, they aren't puppies, kittens or orphans. They don't require walking, feeding or baby-sitting. And they won't poop on your floor.

I was pleasantly surprised to have a packed office all day with almost all of my colleagues taking the majority of the books home for their own edification - or perhaps gift giving.

Regardless of the intent, it is very reassuring that people still want books around. They are, after all, a written history of our time - fact or fiction. So next time you're about to toss a book out to make space for that new lamp at home - think twice - and give a book a home.