My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://foxnewsradio.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Olympic No-Nos!


Okay - summer vacation is OVER. It's election time, folks.


But I must confess that as I have begun to dig back into the news after a glorious week off... I am fascinated with the Beijing Olympics. Not for the sports aspect (I really can't name any athlete other than wunderswimmer Michael Phleps), but for the social and cultural clashes that may arise - and are already garnering attention from the media. Seems there's also a bit of a smog issue too. (And lest we forget, Pres. Bush IS attending!)


So let me post my first Olympics 2008 entry with a short list of things NOT to do if your happen to be attending the festivities in Beijing.




From Wires:

1. Do not sleep outdoors to save money at the Olympics. It is
banned to "maintain public hygiene and the cultured image of
cities."


2. Do not let the stifling summer heat tempt you into
streaking, do not get drunk nor set off fireworks nor wave "insulting
banners."


3. Anyone with mental illnesses or sexually transmitted
diseases is banned. Smoking is not allowed at Olympic venues.


4. Foreigners "must respect Chinese laws while in China and must not harm China's national security or damage social order."


Okay - you got that?!


Now behave yourselves -- it's not the Greek Games of some of our collegiate pasts... and as far as I am aware, there's no "Keg-Roll" either.