My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://foxnewsradio.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Charlie Brown Christmas


There are some lessons in life that cannot be taught too often. And we are fortunate that there are and were people like Charles M. Schulz who understood this concept and gave us A Charlie Brown Christmas in 1965.

I don’t care who you are, how old you are or how busy your life is… or if you happen to be an aspiring cable news kid from Memphis that burns the candle at both ends trying to make it in the big city: Sit down and watch that great television classic this year as I did the other night with my daughter.

It was my daughter’s first time to see it and perhaps my 20th. Yet it was even more magical and full of meaning for me this year as it was the first time I watched it with my parents lo those many years ago.

I have fond memories of having a “Charlie Brown” Christmas tree many times as a child and I suspect we may be putting one in our daughter’s room this year.

And so to get you in the spirit, let me leave you with my favorite scene when Charlie Brown has brought this poor little tree to the ridicule of his nemesis Lucy. A frustrated Charlie Brown cries out:

“Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about? “


And Linus responds:

Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please.

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie brown.


You’re a good man, Charlie Brown!